I hope you all had a great weekend. Thank you again to all of you who came on time and in uniform to Saturday School yesterday. Your dedication to your achievement, especially on the state exam, is unparalleled. Thank you.
Unfortunately, it seems as though some Blogsters are not reading the notes I write, and are skipping straight to the Criteria for Success. For full credit, please include your book’s copyright date next to the title of your book in the Criteria for Success. Thank you!
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
1. Username. Title. Author.
2. This weekend, I read _____ pages.
3. In a minimum of 5 sentences, summarize what you read this weekend. Tell me the who and the what within your retell. (Good practice for the state test!)
4. Tell me about the major conflict in your book. What is it? How did it start? Who are the people involved? How does it get resolved, or if you haven’t finished yet, how do you think it will get resolved?
5. In a 3rd paragraph. Evaluate the conflict. Is this realistic? Does it teach the reader a lesson? Does it relate to a universal theme or major social issue? This is your chance to really critique the author’s choices in creating the plot. Be critical.
6. What book would you like to read next?
Yes, it’s a long post. But I’m worried that some of us are getting lazy so please do your best for full credit.
Happy reading and happy blogging!