I am excited that today will mark the first day for some of us, and that for others, it is the continuation of a few months of great Independent Reading and Blogging! Today, I want to return to what we worked on in class: social issues and universal themes. Please follow the Criteria for Success carefully… I wouldn’t want to give anyone an incomplete homework! Happy reading and happy blogging!
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
1. Username. Book Title. Author.
2. I read _____ pages tonight.
3. Briefly summarize (in 2-3 sentences) what you read this evening.
4. Identify a universal theme or social issue that you think is being addressed in your book. Explain how that issue or theme is incorporated. How do the characters deal with the issue?
5. Explain the author’s message about that issue/theme.
= 5 points