Please follow the model in writing your first blog today:
My user name is stabookski. I am currently reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott. In my reading this evening, I learned about how the book got its title. The narrator (Anne) has a younger brother who, when they were younger, had to write a report about birds of Northern California. He was overwhelmed by the project and his father’s advice was, don’t worry just take it bird by bird. The book is about writing, so the title makes sense. For today’s skill, we are working on questioning. My THICK questions about my reading are: 1) How closely does Anne follow her own advice for becoming an excellent creative writer? 2) From where does Anne get most of her inspiration to write? 3) How has writing affected or changed her life — personally and professionally?
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS…
1. Identify yourself with your username.
2. Tell us what you are currently reading.
3. Briefly (in 2-3 sentences) explain what you read about this evening.
4. Introduce today’s skill by writing, “For today’s skill, we are working on questioning.”
5. Ask 3 THICK questions about your reading.
Good luck and have fun!